Monday, August 1, 2016

My Classroom

Reading math blogs is one thing; writing one is a different story (pun sort of intended).  But, I'm taking the plunge and going to be tackling the #MTBoSBlaugust challenge.

Official teacher workdays started today (classes start on Thursday), but I've been up at school off and on for the last couple of weeks trying to get my classroom in order.  It took awhile to hang all the posters, but I'm pleased with how everything turned out.

This is the fourth year that I've put my tables into pods.  I love how much more easily the kids can work together.  It's hard to see in this picture, but my favorite item in my room is the wooden bookcase that sits behind my desk.  My dad built it for me about three years ago.





All of my posters are laminated, so they might be a little hard to see.  Free posters from the AMS and Class Norms posters from the wonderful Sarah at Math = Love

More posters - The colorful ones on the top are all quotes from different theologians.  The ones running down the right side of the interactive whiteboard are more goodies from Math = Love, Change Your Words -> Change Your Mindset.

My door, again inspired by Sarah at Math = Love (I really need to meet her!)  The kids told me it was kind of cheesy last year, but I think that they secretly kind of liked it.  At least, that's what I tell myself.

"Meet the Teacher" is Wednesday afternoon, so unless I decide to make more posters, the room is done!

2 comments:

  1. Your room is so colorful and inviting! Thanks for showing us around! :) (And yes, you do need to meet Sarah.. she's delightful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that you're blogging! And, I agree. We must meet! :D

    ReplyDelete